Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d)
Open as App is one of the leading and most innovative no-code platforms in the market. We enable people to transform Excel files into apps within minutes. We design and deliver a platform that is used across industries by individuals as well as multinational corporations. Our platform helps businesses digitize processes without hiring developers. This allows companies to unlock efficiencies without excessive spending on development services. The fact that domain experts can build solutions that serve their needs is a game changer for companies of any size, helping them increase productivity at low cost.
About the role
The Open as App backend plays a crucial role in our mission to empower millions of Excel users to build apps without knowing how to code. Our customers expect us to deliver a high-quality product that scales easily according to their needs.
We are looking for experienced backend engineers (m/f/d) with full-stack ambitions who share our passion for building highly-scalable software with latest technology. If you are a passionate engineer who wants to push our architecture and technological possibilities to the next level, we want to hear from you.
About the team
We are a group of individuals who dream big and work hard. We dream, build, analyze, learn and iterate, and we want to work in a welcoming, fun and innovative environment. Remote collaboration is one of our core values and we are a global multicultural team. Teamwork is what drives us, and we want to learn from each other to become a better version of ourselves every day. We are excited about what we do, and we want to have fun together.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work life balance. We know how important family & friends are!
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies: we work hard to keep up with the latest technology.
- Work on interesting challenges in an agile development team.
- Leave a footprint! Take responsibility and bring your own ideas to shape our product and the technology behind it.
- We are a young startup – be part of a dynamic, international and quickly growing team.
- Remote but together! We believe in a modern work environment where people across the globe collaborate to create an amazing product.
- A great office space in the heart of Munich (University/LMU) with free coffee & beer.
What you’ll do
- Work on the backbone of our cloud service to deliver fast and stable access to our customer data.
- Write automated tests to ship high-quality and future-proof software.
- Integrate new technologies and collaborate closely with your colleagues to foster growth of technical expertise across the team.
- Own and monitor the production deployments and handle service degradation.
- Actively participate in problem analysis and brainstorming to define innovative solutions that are focused on outstanding end-user experience.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience building backend solutions with C#, ASP.NET, Entity Framework and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and CI/CD
- Track record of building scalable REST APIs
- Knowledge of SSO (OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML) and experience integrating 3rd-party services
- Experience owning and monitoring production deployments
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and passion for clean code practices
- Experience writing automated tests
- Experience working in an agile, cross-functional team that iterates fast
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Fluent in English
- Located in Germany
- Full-stack experience and interest in web frontend development is a plus
Our hiring process
We know how valuable your time is. That’s why we aim for a transparent and quick interview process. After a first screening of the CV, we start a simple 3-step process that shouldn’t take more than 3 hours to complete.
- 45 minutes interview to evaluate communication skills, cultural fit as well as technical experience.
- 60 minutes technical interview to understand technical expertise and discuss some sample code. The preparation for the interview shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes and will be based on sample code that you’ll receive in advance.
- You’ll receive feedback (and potentially an offer) within 72 hours after the technical interview.