Senior Frontend Developer (f/m/d)
Open as App is one of the leading and most innovative no-code platforms in the market. We enable people to transform Excel files into apps within minutes. We design and deliver a platform that is used across industries by individuals as well as multinational corporations. Our platform helps businesses digitize processes without hiring developers. This allows companies to unlock efficiencies without excessive spending on development services. The fact that domain experts can build solutions that serve their needs is a game changer for companies of any size, helping them increase productivity at low cost.
About the role
The Open as App web frontend plays a crucial role in our mission to make app creation as simple as creating a Word document. Our customers expect us to deliver a high-quality product that empowers them to build mobile solutions without knowing how to code.
We are looking for experienced frontend engineers (m/w/d) who share our passion for building innovative software with latest technology. We love the art of crafting a product that delights people and solves their problems in an easy way. If you are a passionate engineer who wants to push our architecture and technological possibilities to the next level, we want to hear from you.
About the team
We are a group of individuals who dream big and work hard. We dream, build, analyze, learn and iterate, and we want to work in a welcoming, fun and innovative environment. Remote collaboration is one of our core values and we are a global multicultural team. Teamwork is what drives us, and we want to learn from each other to become a better version of ourselves every day. We are excited about what we do, and we want to have fun together.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work life balance. We know how important family & friends are!
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies: we work hard to keep up with the latest technology.
- Work on interesting challenges in an agile development team.
- Leave a footprint! Take responsibility and bring your own ideas to shape our product and the technology behind it.
- We are a young startup – be part of a dynamic, international and quickly growing team.
- Remote but together! We believe in a modern work environment where people across the globe collaborate to create an amazing product.
- A great office space in the heart of Munich (University/LMU) with free coffee & beer.
What you’ll do
- Take our web-based app creator to the next level and build a modern web client to consume apps.
- Actively participate in problem analysis and brainstorming to define innovative solutions that are focused on outstanding end-user experience.
- Be part of a team that focuses on product-led growth and data-driven decision making to solve tough problems.
- Think about UX and make it better.
- Collaborate with other team members to improve architecture and engineering practices.
- Write automated tests to ship high-quality and future-proof software.
- Integrate new technologies and collaborate closely with your colleagues to foster growth of technical expertise across the team.
- Own and monitor the production deployments and handle service degradation.
What you’ll need
- 7+ years of experience building frontend applications using modern web technologies
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Passion for quality and clean code practices
- Solid knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience writing automated tests
- Analytical thinking to balance short-term needs with long-term goals
- Experience working in an agile, cross-functional team that iterates fast
- Curiosity and ability to fail, reflect, and apply learnings
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Interest in understanding customers and their journey to make sure that your code provides outstanding UX
- Fluent in English
- Located in Europe (timezone within GMT -1 to +2)
Our hiring process
We know how valuable your time is. That’s why we aim for a transparent and quick interview process. After a first screening of the CV, we start a simple 3-step process that shouldn’t take more than 3 hours to complete.
- 45 minutes interview to evaluate communication skills, cultural fit as well as technical experience.
- 60 minutes technical interview to understand technical expertise and discuss some sample code. The preparation for the interview shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes and will be based on sample code that you’ll receive in advance.
- You’ll receive feedback (and potentially an offer) within 72 hours after the technical interview.